Sunday, June 10, 2018

1st Birthday Cupcake

A very special first birthday calls for a very special birthday cupcake card.  This project was inspired by.Lizzie Jones - Don't Forget To Write for Papertrey Ink. I changed up the colors to suit the birthday boy.



The Papertrey "Shape Up Series" dies are so easy to use to make shaped cards.  For this project, I embossed the white frosting area and highlighted the dots with clear Wink of Stella. This created a sugar crystal effect which I liked.  I followed Lizzie's suggestion to mount the patterned paper to cardstock so the embossed lines show up better on the cupcake liner.  I also loved her use of the Loop de Loop die to add a squiggle of frosting decoration. I only adhered the base of the candle to the cupcake so it can fold flat allowing the card to fit in an A2 envelop.



The inside of the card was kept fairly simple, although I did die-cut the number one in matching patterned paper.

Supplies - 1st Birthday Cupcake

Stamp Sets

Papertrey Ink: Birthdays By the Numbers
Papertrey Ink: Polka Dot Parade #12

Dies

Papertrey Ink: By the Numbers
Papertrey Ink: Loop de Loop
Papertrey Ink: Polka Dot Parade #12
Papertrey Ink: Shape Up Series - Cupcake

Paper

Papertrey Ink: Enchanted Evening Cardstock and Patterned Paper
Papertrey Ink: Fresh Snow Cardstock
Papertrey Ink: Stamper's Select Cardstock
Stampin' Up: Close to Cocoa Cardstock

Stamp Pads

Papertrey Ink: Enchanted Evening
Papertrey Ink: Summer Sunrise 

Copic Markers
Y17
R14

Other Supplies

1/8" Scor-Tape
Darice Tape Runner
Gina K. Connect GlueMisti Stamp Positioner
Stampin' Up: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
Wink of Stella: Clear



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lawn Fawn Challenge 126 - Beach vs. Mountains

 This ocean scene with some beach visitors was a birthday card for one of my grandkids.